Deep breathing exercises are a measure you can take to help encourage good health. Many people overlook it, but breathing exercises and muscle relaxation do many good things. This is a great exercise you can use to improve your daily life. It is something you can practice any time you feel the need.
Benefits of Deep Breathing Exercises
- Breathing exercises lessens your physical response to stress — use it whenever you feel stressed
- Relieving stress helps relax your bowels
- Helps to keep your mind clear
- Increases the levels of oxygen to your organs
- Inhale deeply, slowly, (over a span of about 4 seconds), through your nose
- Hold it for a count of 16 seconds
- Exhale through your mouth, (over a span of about 8 seconds)
- Repeat this process nine times.
Source : Global Healing Center